Friday, July 27, 2012

chemicool

i interrupt my mindless Mallorca blabbering with breaking news!  i just received a package from my superdupertrooper of a sister filled with psychedelic NEON goodness! as you know, anything neon is the "IT" color for summer and the beauty of this bright color trend is the color itself! flourescent colors are happy and optimistic colors (imho) and just the right dose adds oommpphh to an outfit :)
a striking neon purple and pink feather necklace from Forever21 :)  i will be wearing this either with neutrals or with a paler version within its tonal family. not too much neon though because it can be a bit overwhelming :) definitely NOT gonna be wearing this with black because it would look like i am still stuck in the '60's.
hot pink hoops again from Forever21.  accessories are the easiest way for me to try neon colors. adding something bright to an earthy ensemble adds immediate edge for me without looking like am trying too hard.
and the last one is a flourescent orange choker for those date nights ;)  i saw this from an independent seller in Singapore and found them striking (my sister bought them for me)
"She is D, desirable, She is I, irresistible, She is S, super sexy, She is C, such a cutie,  She is O, oh, oh, oh... that's my lil sis ;)

12 comments:

  1. I love the choker, actually of the necklaces, I like neon colours in jewellery a lot

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. its only now that i am venturing out into neon jewelry :) but i wished id started sooner :)

      Delete
  2. Love them all!! Especially the orange choker. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, so big & bold! I love them but could never pull them off myself. Living through it the first time, I love how the 80's are back in a whole new way {even the leggings}!!! Pic', please!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. im a 70's child so i went through the psychedelic 80's but i still cannot rock head to toe neon LOL pics soon!

      Delete
  4. They are all gorgeous! I agree the best way to wear neon is with accessories. These ones are all lovely and very wearable. Are we going to see them on you? :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely sister you have! :) Neon accessories are the coolest! I love the earrings with the pink neon accent and the purple feather necklace...okay, actually I love them all!
    xoxo Lauren

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha thanks lauren! yes she is the most-est :) i am still in the "experimental" stage with neon so here goes hehe

      Delete