Tuesday, July 3, 2012

flea market finds: la liberté est douce

yes, liberty is sweet, my fellow thrifters!  especially if it is a caramel-colored, paisley-adorned Liberty of London bandanna! 
(bought for .20p)
aside from nursing a bit of a nasty cough at the mo, i am also feeling a wee bit sad because my favorite shop will be closed for the summer :( the lovely ladies at the shop are all either taking some time off to go on holidays and cruises and/or visiting loved ones around the world.  
(bought for .50p)
soooooo, my last purchase with them was this lovely ramekin with a tiny beak and handle in a yummy chocolate color made by Suisse Langenthal :)
i do want to explore other thrift shops in nearby areas (errrr.. Spain to be specific) this summer, so... wish me luck :)


*linking to Flea Market Finds @ Her Library Adventures :)

18 comments:

  1. What a beautiful scarf, such lovely colours and pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the design and colors of your bandanna. I hope you find another shop that will fill your thrift shopping needs until your shop reopens.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that the next town is in a different country in Gib. Love the bandana, I'm a big fan of liberty prints

    ReplyDelete
  4. Two great finds! Good luck with your search on your travels. I am going to hit some thrift stores when we drive to Cape Cod too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks jo! do u also get a sense of anticipation and excitement whenever u thrift outside your area? giddy, giddy, giddy!

      Delete
  5. The ramekin is so handy, I would love to find one or two for my kitchen with the spout and handle. You really scored! I love it when people post their thrift finds!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks jeanne! i wish there were a set of these but... one is a lovely number too :)

      Delete
  6. Love the shape of that ramekin, would be lovely full of melted chocolate for dipping marshmallows in :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love Liberty prints. Your find is beautiful. I'm your newest follower. Thanks for stopping by my blog-I'm glad you liked my little pitchers.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oooh a Liberty of London print! They are always so gorgeous- colour me jealous! :)
    xoxo Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  9. That bandana is beautiful. Spain, huh? LUCKY! I'm looking forward to what you find there, I'm sure the treasures will be amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks wendy! i am looking forward to it as well :)

      Delete