Monday, September 7, 2009

no habla español?

thats right. i come from a country ruled by spain for over 300 years and i cant speak spanish. go figure!

up until my mom's university days, spanish was taught as a mandatory subject in higher education. after which, the government at that time thought to replace it with stenography, electronics and what-not electives. so by the time i rolled into university, spanish was no longer offered in the curriculum.

this is not to say that i cant speak nor understand the very, very basic spanish. i can actually. but individual words are easier for me to understand as some of them can also be found in my first language as opposed to whole sentences which involve connectives and subject-predicate agreement. there lies my predicament. how to string them together using the right connectives as well as the right form of the verb or noun for that matter.

and so this is why i found myself enrolling in a spanish beginners class with the local college which will start this 24th :)

and by the way, never for the life of me imagined id find myself living in a spanish-speaking (well, majority of them anyway) country in my mid-30's! my husband is a very patient man and i am one lucky bitch indeed!

No comments:

Post a Comment