Thursday, June 16, 2011

what it is to take care of something

summer is officially here!

yesterday it went up to a whopping 32degrees! whew! now we're talking ;) this is my kind of weather :D it might not be the beach for me but i've got a few activities lined up that will permanently stick this smile to my face just until the first cold wind chase the sun away. so, first up was my little garden in the balcony. i've had this packet of spring onion seeds tucked away for the longest time since last year and so i finally planted them a month ago and look at them go now!eventually, i will be replanting them to bigger pots so they won't have to compete for their food. i planted them in recycled plastic containers that came with the ready-made meals i used to buy. i just created holes under them so water can flow freely. my tomatoes are fat and lovely :D i just know they will be yummy when the fruits eventually come out.
my peppers are quiet but sturdy. the seedlings took their own sweet time coming out :) so, with this little garden of mine, i am reminded of my mother, who grew up tilling the land and who loves the earth dearly. i grew up watching her take care of something and everything .. or someone and everyone. she told me that everything and everyone need the right amount of everything, really, for it to grow into what its supposed to grow up to. of course you can only do your best, depends on the effort you put into it. the rest is up to God.

No comments:

Post a Comment