Thursday, October 20, 2011

flea market finds: its beginning to look a lot like christmas!

christmas is just around the corner and like always i have been preparing for it like a squirrel preparing for winter! keeping my eye out for anything christmas-y in the fleas and storing them and lovingly preparing them for the most joyous season of all :)
red of course is the color for christmas and look what i found beneath the mounds of toys in my favorite shop! bought for £1 with a Made in Portugal mark on it, this checked polyester-cotton tablecloth measures 1.5x1.5m. and i think its just perfect for our noche buena (Filipino term for the "Christmas eve meal")
i also spotted this red salad spoon and fork set. it has a bit of weight and there is no mark on it but for .50p who cares? Waldorf salad anyone?
i was on the fence with this lovely heart-shaped decoupage box mainly because i was thinking i dont have a use for it... but once the creativity lightbulb popped in my head aaaaaand... in it went to my shopping basket :) also bought for .50p!
this last find is a pair of vintage silver earrings (no mark on it though) with a scallop design. even if i am now sticking to studs as my staple everyday earrings, i still have a secret soft spot for chandelier, dangling and quirky jewelry in my heart :)

*linking to Thrift Share Monday @Apron Thrift Girl:)

3 comments:

  1. I have been shopping the Christmas isles for several weeks at my favorite thrift stores too. I've found several nice items. Your earrings are lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks paulette! i follow your blog and i can't wait to see your Christmas finds :) thanks too lisanne!

    ReplyDelete