Monday, July 2, 2012

one swallow does not...

... make a summer!

howdy!  i have been remiss for the past week because of the colds and boy do i miss y'all :) i also miss reading my favorite blogs :(  but on the up side, i got to finish my fabric bird mobile from Spool :)  

here they are now swaying in the summer breeze and giving smiles to the folks passing by our verandah :)
i thought i'd add a short video so you can see them happily greeting everyone :)  and i am so happy to announce that there has been an increase in bird visitations (of the real variety) ever since i put them up :)

i am still nursing a bit of a cough but i am getting there, by Jove!  and i will be visiting ya'll now that am back on the saddle :)  have a great week everyone!

15 comments:

  1. So glad you are feeling better. Your bird mobile looks amazing, love all the bright colors and how it swirls with the wind. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. they are beautiful! feel all the way better soon!
    ~Trudy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely love the bird mobile! Good work! I enjoyed seeing your "birds" in action on the video too. Hope you feel better.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how animated the birds are! Get well soon, it's a rubbish time of year to be ill!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i know!!!! :( im missing out on all the summer action :( thanks clare!

      Delete
  5. I love them, so colorful & flirty! I think the other birds find them attractive as well, no? Feel better!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i think the real birds are wondering who these colorful newbies are hehehe imagine the conversations they are having right now! thanks sarah!

      Delete
  6. I'm so impressed!! I love the bird mobile, the colorful birds and with real twigs. You did a fabulous job!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awww SO cute! I love all of the different colours of the little birdies, it's such a lovely way to brighten up an outside space. Well done! :)
    xoxo Lauren

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks lauren! i love that my bird mobile brings smiles to people's faces :)

      Delete
  8. The mobile is really pretty. :) I'm hoping by now that your cough has passed and your 100 % better. Colds suck. :/

    ReplyDelete