Sunday, March 17, 2013

geometry is cool!

i didnt think so when i was in high school :P 

but now i am fascinated by angles and sides and symmetry and balance… in everything i do.  in my photography, in my writing, at home and even at work.

i think geometric shapes are great decorations!  especially if you are geeky like me :) here are a few that i’ve made using the tutorials from mini-eco. do check out her page, it's absolutely full of cute tutorials!

a stellated dodecahedron, on top of my multi-colored 'banig'* placemat, a present from one of my best friends
from the top: a pink icosahedron, an orange cube, a yellow polyhedron , a purple dodecahedron and a blue octahedron

*banig - is a handwoven mat traditionally made in the Philippines and are used for sleeping and sitting. made from either palm or grass leaves, they are dyed to create colorful and unique designs.... often geometric!

4 comments:

  1. I love your lines, shapes, angles, and your color choices. I'm off to check out mini-eco! Thanks for sharing.
    Happy St. Patrick's Day

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you are back to blogging! ;) These little shapes are SO COOL. I will definitely check out the link!

    ReplyDelete