Friday, December 2, 2011

december+colors+songs+love=CHRISTMAS!

'tis the season! december is here! the most wonderful time of the year! the smell of peppermint chocolates is in the air, shiny, sparkly things are in the shops, carols are in my head... and the flu is in our house :( *sniff* that doesn't stop me though from stuffing our humble abode with colors :) here are some of the things that are taking my fancy and keeping me busy this month:

(1) FAUXIDERMY - i love this colorful DIY reindeer decor that i bought at the V&A in London. i fell in love with its iconic antlers thats very popular lately. of course i wouldn't dream of putting a real reindeer trophy head in our house, but i am really finding this design element very appealing. it adds a sense of adventure to our flat :)

(2) DIY's and everything HANDMADE - i love everything handmade! i feel that its special if someone really put time and effort on making something :) like this colorful hand-rolled felt Felt So Good hair band that i also bought at the V&A :)

(3) LETTERS - these tie-dyed monogrammed felt ornaments (bought at Anthropologie UK) are our initials and are meant to be hung on a Christmas tree. a few years ago, this design technique was a favorite among set designers and it quickly spread through-out the design world

(4) JAPANESE WASHI TAPE - this is an obsession i am having at the moment. these colorful Japanese masking tapes are made from rice paper and comes in a million colors and designs. they are great to use because they can be easily torn off and they come off easily too without any marks. great for the million things i am doing at the moment for Christmas! they are a bit expensive at £3 each for the small ones (£10 for a pack of three) but the bigger ones are from a Japanese shop in Singapore and are sent by my lovely sister :)

(5) JEWEL TONES - and lastly, these are my christmas colors this year, inspired by the gifts of the Magis on that defining night when they visited the baby Jesus in a little manger in Bethlehem :) close your eyes for a moment and picture that magical night :)

what are your colors this Christmas? next time, i can't wait to show you my handmade Christmas wreath! but first, i have to fight off this stupid flu bug :(

1 comment:

  1. I hope you are feeling better soon. I think the deer head is a fun element in your decorating, but what I thought was interesting was the Washi tape. I have never heard of it and now I will be on the look out for some, I want/need some. Thanks for the new info.❤

    ReplyDelete