Thursday, March 15, 2012

flea market finds: cowabunga!

oh where do i begin! i have been away for more than a week now because i have been so busy doing some feature writing and i must confess i do miss my little corner of the virtual world.  but now am back and can't wait to pick up where i left off the last time :)

i have so many posts to read from my favorite blogs!  so many gorgeous things and happenings that i have missed!

well, in the middle of all that writing, i still managed to pop in to my favorite haunt and got these:
this is a small (4x3in.) plastic replica of the Millenium Falcon by American model maker Revell.  the mister quickly got to it and in a matter of minutes it was mounted. it is easy to assemble, lightweight and adds a sci-fi feel to his man-cave.
guess who... errr what i found next?
the Simpsons Family!  well, more appropriately, The Simpsons Antiqued Metal-Style Chess Set. it is in great condition (probably hardly used at all) and all the pieces are intact.  it is a bit heavy and the box has a few wear and tears but nothing really major.
i seem to be finding either toys or board games lately.  could it be because spring is here and people are now sick of playing them indoors and are now getting ready for the outdoors?  Possibly!
the mister is a fan of both the show and chess so he loves it!  i searched for additional details on this and found out its actually a collectible piece (i guess for people who are either chess collectors or The Simpsons' memorabilia collectors).
this is Marge, and of course she was the Queen.  and below is Maggie who clings for dear life to the pawn piece.
i think that with my recent finds, someone is trying to tell me i should rekindle my relationship with chess :)


*linking to Selena on Thrift Share Monday @Apron Thrift Girl :)

8 comments:

  1. I've been away too due to illness. I'm just surfacing enough to check my favorite blogs and then back to my bed. Love your chess pieces!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!!! My boyfriend would love your finds. Seriously great collectibles! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh. my. gosh. my son would DIE if he saw this! i'm going to have to keep a lookout for that chess set - i've seen another simpsons chess set but not that metallic, antiquated look, which is so cool. he's also a star wars geek, so ya... i won't even tell him about this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahahaha! i saw one in amazon but ooppsss mum's the word :)

      Delete