Friday, March 30, 2012

like attracts like

do you ever believe in the Law of Attraction?  do you ever believe that you attract into your life whatever it is that you are constantly thinking about?  i do!

we were admiring Salvador Dali's bronze sculptures in the Alameda Park along Playa la Venus in Marbella when out of the corner of my eye i saw something green and something familiar.  it was a charity shop!

before we drove to Marbella, i made a mental note to look for a charity shop there.  i even researched online and wrote down the address.

and serendipity led me to the CUDECA! founded in 1991, CUDECA is one of the leading Cancer Hospices in Southern Spain and has shops all over the Andalucia region.
it was a spacious shop and most of the stuff are organized and labelled.  they sell mostly clothes and accessories.  i was looking for kitchen stuff but when i asked where they are they told me they were at a different shop.  so i am guessing there are other shops in and around Marbella.
i found this Charles Tyrwhitt Classic Linen top in pink, magenta and blue stripes for €8. not bad really for a high end blouse  but way above my thrift shop budget :)  but i can never resist classic linen tops so i indulged myself ;)


*linking to Selena's Thrift Share Monday @ Apron Thrift Girl :)

4 comments:

  1. I would have been so psyched! And you found a linen piece, too! :) Yes, I definitely believe in the power of self will.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. psyched was an understatement wendy when i stumbled upon the shop! i was literally jumping up and down hehe charity shops are not common in Spain so its hard to look for one :) this shop was even started by the British who frequent this part of Spain.

      Delete
  2. Yes!! When I am thinking about someone, they call me. If I'm thinking about a movie I saw long ago, it suddenly shows up on TV..etc. I never thought about it being the "Law of Attraction". I just thought I was sending out vibes...esp...or I had an invisible antenna on my head. I'm feeling a bit more normal now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ohyes i have those same experiences too jeanne... how uncanny!

      Delete