Tuesday, January 10, 2012

flea market finds: abundance in all areas

YES! finally my favorite shop is open! and yes finally, i can buy more stuff that i have no clue where to place, no idea when am gonna be using and no more room where to keep!

call me crazy but im loving it!

2012 is the year of the dragon in the chinese calendar so for my first purchase, i decided that i wanted it to be symbolic of what this year have in store for me and the mister. as always when i go into a thrift shop, i have no expectations as to what i am going to find. well, the first item that caught my eye the moment i stepped in was this 9and3/4in candleholder. not sure if its brass or not but its a bit heavy and am loving the smooth curves, its muted color and its mid-century vibe.
i placed my mug of tea for comparison as to its height. i have been seeing a lot of metal in interiors since last year so am hoping this will not clash with the heavy dark wood furnishings in our flat. am dreading it already :s
i have been plagued by doubts as to whether these two brass beauties were a good buy for me. first off, i love them but i find their design a bit conservative for my taste (maybe i just dont know how to incorporate them into my ever-changing vignettes?) if there is someone out there who fancy these babies, let me know because i would be more than happy to sell them to you at my original purchase price :) the tall one is 9inches and the shorter one is 7 and a half inches and there is a Made in India mark at the bottom
yes, its another platter, i know. this 15x8in white serving platter is from Porvasal Spain, makers of professional china. i would like to think that this wide rectangular dish would be our horn of plenty for 2012 :)

a candle in a timeless metal gold-hued candleholder to light our path this 2012 and to give us warmth (in a stylish way!) for the year ahead, and a big, wide, white dish to hold all our blessings to overflowing, i am already so excited to see what's around the corner :) bring on 2012!

*linking to Thrift Share Monday @Apron Thrift Girl

2 comments:

  1. I like the shape of the candle holder. I had three wood Danish modern candle holders in my cart yesterday, but changed my mind at the last minute. Now I see your candle holder and I believe I might go back today to see if they are still for sale. White platters are so useful, hope yours holds perfectly cooked meals and blessings throughout 2012.♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your symbolism is extraordinary! Love it!

    ReplyDelete