Monday, June 25, 2012

birds of the same feather...

...are the same birds!

a bird mobile post from Spool inspired me to make my own little birdies of which i planned to hang outside our verandah especially now that its summer :)

but of course, it took me a while to sew (my greatest frustration in life!) and i found out later on that balancing them on a stick is like solving the meaning of the Nazca graphic lines! it is endless trial and error!

i am still in the middle of a balancing act at the moment but will deffo post my finished mobile soon as i figure this out (harder than rocket science, i tell ya!) in the meantime, i leave you with pics of my little birdies flitting all around our house :)
("huddle everyone! this is the nth time she's stuck our butts on another itchy stick!)
("is she nuts??? a bird bouquet??? seriously???)
("wish we're in Rio right now...")
("dudleyyyyy, stop staring into the abyss, man!  you're scaring us!)

6 comments:

  1. The birds are adorable and I can't wait to see them hanging on your patio.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hehe! they're great, hopefully you'll figure out how to get them all balanced!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh i hope so too clare :P i am being challenged by these little birdies :)

      Delete
  3. I cannot stand sewing either, but I think this is going to be really cool when it's done! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks jo! the picture in my mind is much cooler than what they appear to be hehe

      Delete