Friday, June 15, 2012

letters from my best friends

there is something about letters that turn me into a hopeless, old-fashioned, excited little puppy.  seeing mine and the senders name, the stamps, the smell, the weight of it... beats any happy pill any day :)

there is also something about best friends that make me long for the familiar and be melodramatic about it :)  

one arrived from the Little Red Dot.  filled with beauty and love and understanding and patience.
i was teary-eyed by the scribblings of a little boy whom i love dearly.  he wrote a lot of "i-love-you's" on the edges of his mothers's letter and enclosed three paper cranes that he made just for me.  An ancient Japanese legend promises that anyone who folds a thousand origami cranes will be granted a wish by a crane.
as i write this post, i am enjoying a cup of tea using my new silicon strawberry tea diffuser :)  what a way to start the day :)
my other care package came from the Land of the Rising Sun.  i am amused at the number of stamps she had to stick to the envelope!
inside there can only be orange goodness!  and a letter of friendship through many, many years and of remembrance of things past, and of hope and encouragement, victories and defeats, love for God and how He endures forever :)  
these little things bring a smile to my lips and happiness to my heart :)
handmade table runner, place mats and coasters in magenta all made by loving hands by a group of women in one of the beautiful islands from home.
i miss my best friends a LOT and i can't wait for the day i will see them again :)  i am thankful to have such great people in my life :)


tell me about your best friends :)

4 comments:

  1. What wonderful treasures from your friends!!! (What wonderful friends - :) )

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a big fan of old fashioned letter and parcels too! Your packages look so sweet.

    Natasha
    http://picablocks.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete