Friday, November 9, 2012

credenza influenza

shy as a gelding, i saw you high up a parking building.  quiet and unassuming and full of secrets. you were with your friend, the wardrobe who had an affair… possibly with the squeaky secretary.

“pssst!”, you said. and just like that, i am under your spell.

i so wanted to take you home with me.  apprehensive and embarassed i am,  because you see, my home is mouldy and mildew-y.

but i could never forget you.  so i took a memento.  oh, i wish… i wish… i can only wish…
IMG_0792
(Mid-Century Modern credenza and her friend, the wardrobe)

8 comments:

  1. You have such a cool imaginative style of writing! I love to stop in and visit. I would hate to pass on those pieces too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It breaks my heart leaving fantastic furniture behind! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh, to leave that loveliness behind is such torture! wish it was mine.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha great post! Looove the title! :) I would want to take that credenza home with me too, it's gorgeous!
    xoxo Lauren

    ReplyDelete