Monday, November 19, 2012

flea market finds: corally yours

due to the fact that its been raining buckets sporadically the last few days, i haven’t been out much.  i finally went to the shops one day when the weather was fine enough for me to go outside (i lost 2 umbrellas the last time i attempted to brave the spearing rain and angry wind).
 
except for the usual stuff, i didn’t see anything i liked particularly.  i picked up this beautiful powdery blue coral a few times wondering if i should buy him or not.  he was alone in a dark corner and as you can see he is missing a few “fingers”.

and then instantly it clicked in my head!  i am perfectly fine with “imperfect”!  i love his soft blue color, i love his little polka dots, i love that he is so delicate and totally reminds me of my island from far way!  so i told him to pack up his things because he is coming home with me :)IMG_0813

6 comments:

  1. how sweet! I'm glad you gave him a good home

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stopping in to say hello and found this lovely piece of coral! How delightful!! I love imperfect too, as I'm so at home with it. I'm so glad you bought it! I looked at some in Key West and it was way past my budget!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. never knew they could be expensive????? i only bought this one for .50p (about $1).

      Delete