Monday, April 8, 2013

flea market finds: a spring in my step

two weeks into spring and still the weather was stubborn to let go of the last vestiges of Old Man Winter... but finally last saturday i did it... i hopped and skipped and almost jumped...

because last saturday i was on my way to a carboot sale! and here are my beautiful finds:
cheap and chic! a pair of Ikea Skribent bookends that I have been looking for the longest time! made of strong birch and galvanised steel, they give my second-hand books a modern feel
a sweet ole guy manning a stall full of toys had me at "traditional" with this yoyo
a clear glass Parlane Collection flower frog
a Chinese bamboo steamer that the owner has not found the time to use :)  dumplings galore!
a hunter green silk clutch with a beautiful bird design still in its plastic wrap
one of the trends for Spring 2013 is shimmery, iridescent metallics so this pair of shiny brand-new Cherokee sneakers would just fit right in!
my last find is a total score.  retailing at £40 a pair,  this brand new (still in packaging), woollen, shearling-lined, gunmetal gray classic from Toms are the  most comfortable pair i've ever worn!  the lady i bought this from said it was meant for her granddaughter but that she didn't like them. lucky, lucky me!

my next post will be all about the things i saw and left behind at the carboot  :)

*linking to The Penny Worthy Project in hey what's for dinner mom?

6 comments:

  1. Wow - you certainly found some amazing things! Love the shoes - fantastic.
    Liz @ Shortbread & Ginger

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you lucked out! The Toms are a fabulous find, and I love the bookends. Does IKEA still make them??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. im wearing my Toms everyday now heather :) i dont know if IKEA still makes these kind of bookends though. i live abt 2 hours away from the nearest IKEA :(

      Delete
  3. Definitely lucked out, gorgeous scores!

    ReplyDelete