Sunday, October 6, 2013

flea market finds: shoot em up

there was a carboot sale the other day and of course i was there early.  been anticipatin' this carboot for two weeks now and so i came prepared with my sturdy shopping bag and a pocket full of change ;)

here are my lovely finds:

(1) a tiny Delft stein buried under a mound of souvenir mugs from all over the world 


(2) a Canadian pewter whale "piggy" bank - isn't he just sooo cute?


(3) a functional 1960's Fujica 35 ee camera (my favorite find!  perfect for my collection plus i really, really like lomography)


(4) a vintage photo album with a brown leather cover - i bought this because of nostalgia really. when i was little i remember all our photographs were 
neatly arranged by my mom in a similar album


(5) a square monkey pod salad bowl and guess where they were made?  the Philippines!




*linking to The Penny Worthy Project @ hey what's for dinner Mom? :)

8 comments:

  1. Hi there

    how lucky you were to find some Delft china among the bric-a-brac. I am always on the look out for decent china. I do occasionally manage to find a piece or two in the "rastrillos" here. However some times they charge ridiculous prices and the fun of it is finding something nice at fun prices too :-)

    keep well

    Amanda :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Amanda! that's true! we most especially love em if they come with fun prices as well :) i very rarely see them here but there are other ceramic makers that abound but i just don't have room for them anymore :) enjoy your day! xx

      Delete
  2. Ooh that camera is an awesome find! Retro cameras make such great collectables, they have so much more character than modern ones. Lomography cameras are sweet too- especially the colourful Holga ones! :)

    xoxo Lauren

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Lauren! i collect the old ones but only the functioning ones :) I love the Holga ones too but havent seen one here yet :) xxx

      Delete
  3. My favorite is your Delft stein! You really did well at your boot sale! I used to have lots of Monkey Pod items. My husband was stationed at Subic Bay for four years.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. wow! i didnt know you stayed there for a fair bit of time :) this is my first Monkey Pod but i think it needs a bit of restoring :)

      Delete
    2. Oh, I didn't get to go! Only my husband as he lived on the ship and they were in and out of port. Our first 3 years of marriage we only saw one another for a few months a year.

      Delete
  4. Great haul! That camera is quite the find...and I love the Delft stein!

    ReplyDelete