Tuesday, February 7, 2012

the Versatile Blogger Award

bring out the Cava and let's drink to the good times!

So surprised was i when the lovely Jeanne of Jeanne Marie and Company bestowed upon my humble online abode the Versatile Blogger Award! i am so very grateful for Jeanne for trusting me with such a badge of honor.

Jeanne's blog is always a joy to visit. so creative, so resourceful and ingenius are her ideas when it comes to repurposing her thrift store finds. her talent for crocheting the red bird from the "Angry Birds" and other characters is spot on! (i seriously think she should post her work in her etsy shop) reading her blog is therapeutic as she likes the colors of the sea. from soft baby blues to teals to turquoise to aquamarine and with the right splash of lilacs and lavenders, it is obvious that Jeanne's love for the sea is embedded in the heart of her blog. i always, always visit her blog for inspiration.

The Versatile Blogger Award rules are: you should pass the award on to 15 recently discovered blogs. i'm following Jeanne's lead however, and doing just a few, as i am a pretty new blogger and a stealthy one as well (egad!). some of my choices follow me and some ignore me but these blogs I am awarding I make sure I visit every new post. Let the bloggers know that they have been nominated and share seven things about yourself. Be sure to thank the award giver and link back to their blog. Please place the icon of The Versatile Blogger Award somewhere on your blog page.

here are seven totally random things about myself:

• i moved to Gibraltar 3 years ago to be with my husband and i created this blog to chronicle my life on a rock.

• i never say "no" to an adventure (i try to experience something new every chance i get).

• my perfect getaway is a morning at a flea market with my big Le Pliage bag and warm white coffee.

• i am attracted by the same qualities in things as in people—wit, humor, depth, character. to me, its really not sufficient for a thing or a person to be pretty. “pretty” will not hold your attention for long. to live with an object, it has to bring more to the table than the way it looks. it has to BE something.

• i don't like winter.

• i have a weakness for earrings.

• currently, i am reading Salman Rushdie's "The Moor's Last Sigh"

here are the blogs that I have chosen to pass the award to. Take a few moments to check out these blogs and perhaps leave a comment and hopefully become a follower.

Salt and Wine (a cooking, thrifting, design and style blog with great music to go along with it)

So No One Told You Life Was Gonna Be This Way (a blog about life truths and the gift of love and family and friends and everything in between)

6 comments:

  1. Thank you! It's 6:16 am and I haven't had any coffee but I am smiling like crazy (which never happens before coffee, lol). This made my day! I love your random facts, especially the one about what attracts you to people and your perfect getaway (me too on both!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS- I will do an entry about this tonight after work! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. After reading your 7 Things About Me, I knew why I felt we were kindred spirits!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes jeanne! water seeks it own level :) happy to have found a beautiful friend like you through blogging :)

      Delete