Sunday, May 6, 2012

flea market finds: bling it on!

i have been in a funk lately.  of the flea kind.  but last saturday was where i found my mojo again scoring some vintage bling in the process.

it was a church sale. of the tea and coffee and cakes kind. 
my first find was a pair of vintage earrings... you guessed it... its Christian Dior.  i found it inside a red chinese silk purse where the owner actually forgot what was inside!
14 amethyst gemstones set in silver are in this vintage clip-on.  the color purple in gems is said to be the color of good judgement and peace of mind (hope this works for me!)
my next find is my favorite.  its a clever rooster design in hammered silver.  i just couldn't read the markings clearly but it has a tiny hallmark at the back.  (do you remember my silver cat earrings?) 
below is a pair of teardrop gold earrings which are a bit heavy.  i love teardrop -shaped earrings because they are perfect for my round face.
my last find is another pair of silver earrings in a swirl design.  to me they
look like gongs of varying sizes.  they are also perfect for me because they hang directly below my ear adding depth to my short neck.  (i have to know what works for me! :))
the best thing about all of these?  i bought each of them for .50p!  


here's hoping next week will be plentiful for all of us... in all areas of our lives!


*linking to Flea Market Finds @ Her Library Adventures :)

10 comments:

  1. What ace finds... love the amythest very bling and vintage!! I was not so fruitful this week but there is always next week!!

    http://misstracianderson.blogspot.co.uk/2012/05/flea-market-finds-1-2012.html

    Have a great sunday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. u are right there's always next week ;) thanks for your lovely comment!

      Delete
  2. Great finds! Love the silver ones.
    Liz @ Shortbread & Ginger

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks liz! u have a lovely blog and i am now a follower :)

      Delete
  3. You've done amazingly, can't believe you picked up Dior earrings!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You found some wonderful bling! The rooster earrings are very cool!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ohh, those Dior earrings are just fabulous!

    ReplyDelete