Saturday, May 19, 2012

party in the tummy

i had a serious hankering for lumpia this week ever since i was inspired by the lovely Jeannie of Jeannie Marie and Company on her recent post "the Joy of Lumpia".  please do visit her blog for instructions on how to make these scrumptious dish.

i made a huge batch and gave some to my MIL and froze some of it too for when i would need another lumpia fix ;)  i am good for the next month or so haha
lately, i have been mass-harvesting my spring onions in our balcony garden in preparation for my flowers this spring.  so, i used some of them in another favorite of mine, Thai salt and pepper prawns.  these are great with plain or garlic fried rice.
what to do with a handful of spaghetti, extra broccoli, left-over mushroom and 2 strips of vegetarian bacon?  why,  make spaghetti in creamy broccoli and mushroom and top it with the crispy bacon of course!  and that's just what i did one day when i was pressed for time and ran out of recipes!
Gibraltar's national dish is torta de acelga or spinach pie.  my MIL cooks this one with her eyes closed and i love it because it is absolutely delicious (sadly, i have tasted some that are really bland and dry) and best of all it does not go straight to my hips!  very healthy!
i promised myself to try new recipes and new cuisine whenever i can and to experiment more in my cooking.  who wants to be boring and stuck on eating the same food every day of their lives???? baaaahhhh :P


let's par-tay!

8 comments:

  1. Yum! Your meals look amazing! This week I successfully made Crab Rangoon! They were gone before I could take pictures. So I didn't get to blog about them. Now I'm quitting the deep frying for awhile...but I had to use up the other half of the package of Won Ton wraps! Haha! I would love he recipe for spinach pie if your MIL would like to share it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks jeanne! i love crab rangoon too! haha no more deep frying for the next week or so :) check ur email.. sent u the spinach pie recipe :)

      Delete
  2. oooh those prawns!! I really want to try them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's not even 6:00 am my time, yet- and I'm drooling over everything you made. I will definitely check out Jeannie's lumpia recipe! ... Just saw Jeannie mention crab rangoon ... OY! My poor diet. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL you can resume your diet after u eat lumpia wendy :) and the crab rangoon... ohhhhhhh... plotting when am gonna be making them...

      Delete
  4. Ditto to the above. My time is 8:14 & I'm so ready to try me some lumpia. Or do I want the spinach pie? I think you should post the pie recipe for all to enjoy ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. will be posting the spinach pie recipe in my next posts sarah :)

      Delete