Tuesday, May 29, 2012

flea market finds: smalls

do you watch American Pickers?  i do!  i am a big fan of Mike and Frank. they not only have THE eye for picking rusty gold and hidden treasures but they are just the most outgoing, friendly and approachable people i have ever seen on tv in a long while.  they value people so much more than the stuff found in their barns and homes.  i like how they make people feel at ease around them.  and most of all, they do this with not an ounce of drama involved!

well, my finds last week were all about what Mike and Frank would call "smalls".

an 8x6in blackboard finds a home in our kitchen (Wolfgang Puck would be proud)
(bought for .20p)
i used to do this when i was in high school so when i found these, it brought back a wave of nostalgia :)  100% cotton with a delicate green edging and a christmas theme perhaps?
(bought for .50p the whole lot)
and this glass ball which i don't know nothing about and which i plan to make/repurpose into a terrarium OR a christmas hanging OR... any other ideas?
(bought for .50p)
i guess this would be a perfect segue to my thrifting finds last week :)


*linking to Thrift Share Monday @Apron Thrift Girl and Flea Market Finds @Her Library Adventures :)

16 comments:

  1. Love the little embroidered napkins - great find.
    Liz @ Shortbread & Ginger

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes love American Pickers. When I first saw it I hated it because it reminded me of when people used to knock on our door and ask if Dad's stuff was for sale. Then I watched it a bit and saw that they are decent guys and now I enjoy it. They are teaching me also to be a bit more picky about what I buy. So now unless I love it or KNOW that I will make money on it, I don't buy it! Love your finds!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks! yes, there really are a lot of wonderful things just waiting for us to pick them up in a garage sale or a yard sale or a thrift store but it helps to stick to priorities and these guys are great examples of that :) wow! there really were people who do this even before Mike and Frank? awesome!

      Delete
  3. Those napkins are beautiful.Someone put alot of work into those.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the napkins, and I ADORE American Pickers! Totally addicting. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't seen American pickers, but just read up and it looks pretty good, I expect I'd probably be glued! Great little finds, I especially love the blackboard!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've never seen the show but now I want to! Cute finds, especially the chalk board and the linens! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks wendy! i get a lot of ideas from the show :)

      Delete
  7. I'm jonesin' for the hanging glass ball! Yes, it's begging to be a terrarium - and have you seen the prices of those online??? I say tie a fishing line to it & create a hanging terrarium. {I'm completely into succulents this year!}

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. perfect! thanks sarah for the suggestion, i never thought of adding a fishing line to it but i am now giddy with excitement with that idea!

      Delete
  8. These are lovely. I especially love the blackboard!

    ReplyDelete