Thursday, May 10, 2012

flea market finds: pitchin' chicken kitchen

aaaand back to our original programming!

kitchen lovin' this week as i found mostly kitchen stuff in my forays.  first up is this brass cat trivet which i found on the floor (seemingly unwanted) of my favorite shop.  poor kitty!
below is my first set of thrift shop measuring cups and probably my fifth set of measuring cups in the house!  (all others were either bought in the grocery store, free stuff from holiday crackers or were our landlords')  i love these because they also have the spoons on the other end and with their corresponding equivalent in mls. 
my favorite find however is this hen-shaped egg wire basket in yellow!  i have been looking for something to store our eggs in and the thrifting gods heard my plea!
a couple of kid's retro robot hand warmers for next winter ;)
also, a couple of soap bars :)  i use these in place of moth balls in our closets.  not only do they keep the moths at bay but also give off a really nice fragrance :)
*linking to Sophie's Flea Market Finds @ Her Library Adventures! :)

10 comments:

  1. The yellow hen basket and the retro robots are my favorites!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good plan with the soaps! I often don't want to use some soaps as they're too pretty. Love everything you got! Especially... ok all of it, I have no favourite

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL thanks miss simmonds! i found the soaps to be more effective than moth balls and they are nice to fabric too so our clothes dont smell like a mummy :)

      Delete
  3. I like the scoops and the hen basket! Good finds this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That hen egg basket is so totally awesome! I definitely have to find one for myself now! The measuring cups are very nice and retro looking too. Great finds!
    xoxo Lauren

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks lauren! i never thought i'd find an awesome hen egg basket in tiny Gib and in amazing yellow too! but there ya go :) am sure theres lots in Oz :) good luck!

      Delete
  5. Very nice haul! The cat trivet is my favorite...so glad you "saved" him from the floor!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks heather! no one was paying attention to him :) it was as if he was waiting for me to pick him up :)

      Delete