Wednesday, May 9, 2012

treasured possessions: a Moroccan jewelry box

it was enchanment.  it was magic.  it was and is love.  

we met in morocco one day in the merry month of may.  we spent two wonderful weeks together in that land of the jinns and he gave me this box to hold all of our memories together.  

so you see, its my time machine.  when i look at it and open it, it takes me back to a special time and place where love was our drug.
(Moroccan henna-dyed camel bone jewelry box encased in stamped brass trim and inlaid in wood and lined in luxurious ruby red velvet)


6 comments:

  1. What a lovely story!
    Liz @ Shortbread & Ginger

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a beautiful way to keep a memory! BTW, I just got a message from my sister on one of her cruises and she was in Gibraltar last week! This is what she wrote on her itinerary that I didn't read closely: "Tour town hop on bus# 2 from center of town to Europa point to view the sites of the Pillars of Hercules." I hope she took some pictures!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. REALLY!!!! wow! yes, indeed that is the correct bus to take going to europa point :) last week we had nice weather so am sure she enjoyed sight-seeing :)

      Delete
  3. Beautiful box!!! And, I'm jealous! Oh, to enjoy heady romance again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks wendy! we do need a little romance now and again ;)

      Delete